Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mommy & Me Coffee Break

I love when inspiration finds me in something so simple. :D

J & I started taking "coffee breaks" when we brought home the play kitchen. I would look at the menu and say "I NEED COFFEE!!!" and out from the play kitchen would come a small red plastic cup and the coffee pot. This quickly evolved into pouring water into the cups, and then bigger cups from the actual kitchen cupboard and so on. About 2 weeks ago, my "waiter" decided to sit down and take a break with me. He was so cute. He says "Mommy, I'm taking a coffee break too!" And this became a "time out" time, so to speak, for both of us. When things got too crazy around the house or I was getting frustrated I would announce "Lets take a coffee break!" and we'd pour something to drink and sit for a few minutes, giggling or talking or planning the rest of our day.

Well.. last week we were out and I came across these fabulous mugs. They are lightweight, really meant for kids to insert drawings into and I thought the perfect thing for our coffee breaks! We got them home and I picked out some fab Amy Butler paper (what else - haha) and had such a wonderful "gothic rose" mug for my coffee break, while J opted for some paper that had numbers & letters. Then it came to me.................FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, I would love to use paper. So versitile, and Lord knows I have enough of it, however, its not durable. at least not to sell. I don't have a laminating machine (hmmm.... no.. i'm not buying one. haha) but fabric I also have an endless supply of! So, a new product was born! :D

You can look for these goodies in the shop this week. I'll start with 6 fabrics and see if there is any interest. So far the collection will include: Mocha, Java, Non-Fat Latte, Pink Lemonade, Polka Dot & Monkey Business (ok, ok.. I was on a definately drink roll there, but I couldn't think of drink names for the last 2.)
If you have an idea, leave a comment! :D

3 comments:

The House of Cereal is in said...

i'll dig up the place but you can get travel mugs too!!! love it love it love it!!! :D

AshleyAnn said...

Oh my...your stuff is so cute! I just found your blog and etsy sites from an email I got way back from Carrie Sowell. I am going to order a tie onesie soon to photograph my 9 week old in. I love those! I also am a big Amy Butler fan, my whole house is decorated in it. Very cute stuff. Once I order my onesie, I'll put a post to your sites on my blog...

Bella Rose Creations said...

I agree the mugs are adorable...AB all the way!! But I must admit the tradition is even cuter. What a nice young man you have!